SUMMER 2012 LITERATURE DISCUSSION SERIES
MODERATOR: MEB Reisner
June & July 2012 - see below for complete schedule
COUNTING THE COLOURS
We talk about “seeing the world through rose-coloured glasses,” “going green,” “seeing red,” and even “finally showing our true colours” — in fact the concept and implication of specific colours, and the whole idea of colour itself form an important part of the way we experience the world around us. This six-part session, will explore the different ways in which we think about colours using short quotations from a variety of English authors, and should provide lots of scope for lively discussions. The first five sessions will be facilitated discussions, focusing on literature and various colour themes.
The 6th part of the series is an art en plein air session, an opportunity to respond artistically to the theme of colours. Bethann G. Merkle will lead a sketching exercise, after which Gail Quinn will work with participants to paint their sketches. All experience levels, including complete beginners, are welcome.
PLEASE NOTE: These sessions are organized as a series, offering an in-depth opportunity to discuss the themes. However, each session can "stand-alone," You are welcome to participate in the full series, or in whichever sessions you are able to attend.
• June 13 - 10 AM - noon, in the EQLC Lifelong Learning Room (Rm 201) (discussion)
• June 20 - 10 AM - noon, in the EQLC Lifelong Learning Room (Rm 201) (discussion)
• June 27 - 10 AM - noon, in the EQLC Lifelong Learning Room (Rm 201) (discussion)
• July 11 - 10 AM - noon, location to be announced (TBA) (discussion)
• July 18 - 10 AM - noon, location TBA (discussion)
• July 25 - 10 AM -noon, location TBA (art en plein air)
• Contact Lifelong Learning Program at email@example.com or 418-681-1258.
• These sessions are open to paid members of the Lifelong Learning Program.*
*LIFELONG LEARNING MEMBERSHIP
• Annual membership fee of $10.00
• Access to 12 or more workshops, discussions and presentations, and at least one social event each year.
• Topics vary depending on member interest.
• New members can pay the fee at the first session attended, or by contacting the Lifelong Learning Program (see contact info, above).
• Current members can renew or check when a membership expires at the next session attended, or by contacting Lifelong Learning Program (see contact info, above).